Many carpet cleaners use subsurface water tools to extract pet urine from carpet pad. Most don’t realize however that subsurface tools can leave a significant amount of waste water remaining in the pad. Even though the clear platform shows the water is gone, peeling the carpet back and squeezing that pad will show otherwise. This is why most Water Damage Restorers do not use subsurface tools.
What is Carpet Pad Made From?
The multi-color re-bonded pad you see under carpeting is actually recycled beds from the hotel industry. Known has rebond, this pad is effectively a sponge, and made from the same urethane material used to sponge-wash a car with. Urethane foam contains millions of cells that holds water like a sponge. The weight of a single man standing on a platform is not enough to effectively remove the water from that urethane sponge beneath the carpet.
Here’s the secret Water Damage Restorers know that Carpet Cleaners don’t: The pad can stay wet for weeks! This means that the remaining pet urine will soon off-gas for potentially weeks! And as that colony of bacteria grows, the odor only gets stronger until it eventually dries out.
Treat Pet Urine Biologically, Not Mechanically
When pet urine dries in the carpet pad, roughly 95% of the water evaporates. This means that professional carpet cleaners should only concern themselves with the remaining 5% of urine solids. The remaining 5% consists of urine salts, fats and proteins. It’s basically a dust that decomposing bacteria consumes to during the nitrogen cycle.
Ur-OUT makes treating pet urine odors faster and more effective because it adds billions more decomposing bacteria to destroy the urine odors fast and forever. Flushing urine out of carpet allows the limited amount of bacteria to restart the off-gassing process, which doesn’t solve the problem. This can cause frustration, loss of business and possibly tarnish your reputation.
How to Remove Pet Urine Odors from Carpet
The easiest way to treat pet urine is to premix Ur-OUT with warm water. Pour, spray or inject the solution on or into the carpet pad while stepping on it to disperse Ur-OUT evenly in the pad. You are done! Leave Ur-OUT in the carpet pad to dry naturally. The odor disappears as Ur-OUT dries. You are safe to clean the carpet the same day as a majority of Ur-OUT stays in the pad to eliminate the pet urine odors as it dries.
Order a bottle of Ultra Concentrated Ur-OUT right now and see how easy and effective it is at removing pet urine odors.